Hi All. I hope everyone is doing well.

Does anyone have any case studies or lessons learned from adapting mother to mother support groups or cooking demonstrations during COVID? Have orgs stopped these programmes for now or are there any alternatives that have been used so far?

Thanks!

Hi Brooke,

well, the recommendation now is to use the social network platform for messaging and awareness raising for IYCF, whether it's breastfeeding or complementary feeding. What you can do training the health worker on creating a WhatsApp or Facebook group adding caregivers with children under 2, and send them messages, videos, voice messages on how to feed the child, food demonstration, frequency of feeds, hygiene measures before food preparation.

There are many ideas, but generally it depends on the context.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nader

Answered:

4 years ago

Thank you, Nader. Very much appreciate your reply. I am looking for current case studies in any context at the moment. Are you using these platforms now in your programming? And if so can I ask where you are and what is the context? Thank you!

Brooke Bauer

Answered:

4 years ago

Not a Case study, not systematized learned lessons, not specifically during COVID, but I can tell you that myself, and others, keep giving support to mother to mother WhatsApp based support groups. Have kept up doing what we usually do in a country that has for a long time been in a emergency situation like Venezuela

Nayvi Morles, @Lactancia_SOS

Answered:

4 years ago

Great.  Thank you for sharing that.  Much appreciated.

Warmly,

Brooke

Brooke Bauer

Answered:

4 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login