Hello everyone,

I am looking for training tools for community health workers and/or community volunteers on IYCF and/or IYCF-U (modules, guide, aids, etc.) in French. If you have standard tools and/or if you have adapted your own tools, I thank you in advance for sharing them or directing me towards the hosts' sites. I would like to point out that my request concerns the training of community health workers and/or community volunteers as well as training tools (not operational guides). If you have these tools in English, I would also be interested. I have already obtained the following three packages :

1) Groupe de travail sur l’ANJE-U, 2007. Module  sur l’alimentation infantile dans les situations d’urgence, Manuel de formation 2 v1.1. 

2) UNICEF (2010). Paquet de Counseling Communautaire Pour l’Alimentation du Nourrisson et du Jeune Enfant (ANJE). 

3) USAID (2023) Responsive Care and Early Learning (RCEL) Addendum training package in French has some interesting and useful materials in French about IYCF.

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

Marlene

Hi dear Sir/Madam, Kindly find herewith attached the requested materials in IYCF-E and related documents for your referral.

Refer the following links

Indicators for assessing infant and young child feeding practices

National Guideline for Emergency Nutrition Intervention

National Guideline for Emergency Nutrition Intervention

Biruk Tadesse

Answered:

6 months ago

Thank you very much Biruk Tadesse for sharing these resources. However, I am looking at training materials as opposed to technical or programmatic guidance or IYCF indicators. Many thanks

Marlene Traore-Hebie

Answered:

6 months ago

CORE Group developed a training guide for CHWs in 2015

In Côte d'Ivoire we have developed several nutrition training documents for CHWs. They include IYCF and are available online.

Dr M’Bahia-Yao

Answered:

6 months ago

Hello, you can find emergency-related IYCF content in French on the IYCFEHUB - using the search function, by language and choose French. There are 64 documents in the collection. 

Jodine Chase, SafelyFed Canada

Answered:

6 months ago

Dear Marlene, 

While I don’t have the perfect answer (and can definitely find out more), here are some resources that might be helpful, which unfortunately are not all available in French:

Thank you and best regards, 
Dima

Anonymous

Answered:

6 months ago

Hi all, thank you for your replies and suggestions.

One great suggestion I have got so far (thank you very much Dr M’Bahia-Yao) is about the Essential Nutrition Action and Essential Hygiene Action training package developped in French by the Core Group and partners with USAID support in 2015. The French or English training package is availble here: https://www.advancingnutrition.org/resources/essential-nutrition-actions-and-essential-hygiene-actions-framework 

Hopefully the updated UNICEF community-IYCF package will nicely update and/or complement the ENA-EHA training materials specifically designed for CHWs.

Best, Marlene

Marlene Traore-Hebie

Answered:

5 months ago

Hello Marlene, 

Chances are you are already aware, but thought I can update you that UNICEF will be launching the updated Community Infant and Young Child Feeding Counselling package via a webinar on 16 April 2024. Here is the link to register: https://unicef.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fb1d9aabd6c823bef179830e9&id=4e5cb85173&e=69b86f0e00

Best regards,

Dima

Anonymous

Answered:

5 months ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login