Good morning,

I am interested in a baseline survey on dietary diversification of children aged 6-59 months at the household level.

I would like to access a number of relevant questions that I could put in my survey.

Thank you also for sharing with me a survey along these lines at the following email address.

diopiros1987@gmail.com

Here are some ways to find a relevant questionnaire for a baseline survey on dietary diversification of children aged 6-59 months at the household level:

• Search online for questionnaires developed by reputable organizations. For example, the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) all have questionnaires that you can use or adapt.
  • Contact organizations that are working on nutrition in your country or region. They may have questionnaires that they are willing to share with you.
  • Look for published studies on dietary diversification of children aged 6-59 months. The questionnaires used in these studies may be a good starting point for your own questionnaire.

Here are some specific examples of questionnaires that you may find helpful:

• WHO Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Indicators Questionnaire: This questionnaire includes questions on dietary diversity, meal frequency, and breastfeeding practices.
  • UNICEF Minimum Dietary Diversity (MDD) Questionnaire: This questionnaire is designed to assess whether a child has consumed foods from at least four food groups in the past 24 hours.
  • FAO Household Food Insecurity Access Scale (HFIAS): This questionnaire includes questions on food availability, access, and utilization. It can be used to identify households that are at risk of food insecurity, which can be a factor in dietary diversification.

Once you have found a questionnaire, you may need to adapt it to fit your specific needs. For example, you may need to add or remove questions, or change the wording of questions to make them more relevant to your population of interest.

Here are some tips for developing your questionnaire:

• Make sure that your questionnaire is easy to understand and complete.
  • Use clear and concise language.
  • Avoid using jargon or technical terms.
  • Pilot test your questionnaire with a small group of people to get feedback and make any necessary changes.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions .

Kemal J. Tunne

Answered:

10 months ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login