We are in the process of implementing a prevention package in the province of Ituri in the east of the Republic Democratic Republic of the Congo with the Nutrition approach in Assisi community. In this project, we planned to implement the positive deviance approach in some health areas. Thus, I am kindly asking if you can support us in terms of:
- Documentation for the implementation of the positive deviance approach
- Online coaching sessions on Zoom to explain to me how it works in practice, if possible.

Thank you.

Thank you for contacted us. We can give you orientations for nutrition projects in the province of Ituri.

1. Screening of children from 6 to 59 months
  2. Money transfers
  3. Screening of Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women (PLW) in the community and at the distribution site
  4. Indicators

Output indicator

1 - Number of breastfeeding and pregnant women assessed in IYCF practices basis

2 - Number of lactating and pregnant women assessed who are referred to a health center or community for IYCF services

3 - Number of lactating and pregnant women referred who received IYCF support at health center or community level

4 - Number of targeted pregnant and lactating women who have received mass sensitization on nutrition and best nutrition practices at distribution site and at community level

5 - # of pregnant and lactating women who attended IYCF-U session through GS

6 - Number of pregnant and lactating women having attended a cooking demonstration

7 - # of household members and caregivers (male and female) who have received mass sensitization on nutrition and IYCF best practices at distribution site and at community level

8 - # of household members and caregivers (male and female) who attended a session on IYCF-U through GS

9 - Number of household members and caregivers (male and female) who attended a cooking demonstration in the community

10 - Number of children 6-23 months screened with acute malnutrition referred to existing treatment centers

11 - Number of children referred to the sites for CS care

12 - Number of FEFA Screened with acute malnutrition referred to existing treatment centers

13 - Number of FEFA referred to the sites for CS care 

14 - Number of people (FEFA and babysitters) sensitized on IYCF and COVID

Fabrice KAKURU

Answered:

1 year ago

Hello Emma,

For successful implementation, the different stages must be respected: 1) advocacy at the central level

2) mobilization/advocacy with communities

3) mobilization at the community level involving authorities and community leaders

4) the choice of Light Moms on the basis of well-defined criteria

5) the training of LMs and community relays on

the intervention package

6) Set up information collection media

7) Determine a mechanism for feedback

8) Establish a monitoring and evaluation plan

Mahamadou Adamou

Answered:

1 year ago

World Vision DRC has extensive experience with the Positive Deviance Hearth approach to managing cases of malnutrition and increasing prevention. World Vision DRC implements this approach in its areas of intervention in Haut-Katanga, Lualaba, Kinshasa, Sud-Ubangi, and Kwango, with extensive community participation and support from partner health zones.

For the moment, World Vision DRC has human resources for capacity building and coaching of actors online and face-to-face.

For more information, please contact Dr Ngend Chiza Philippe, at +243 991008490 or at his E-mail address: Philppe_Ngenda@wvi.org.

THANKS

Dr Ngenda Chiza Philippe

Answered:

1 year ago

Hello Emma, good to hear you will be implementing the PDH approach. WVI would be best placed to support. I can share with you what I have as part of the PDH training held by World vision and support accordingly.  Do contact me via mnakakande@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.

thanks

Martha. N

Martha Nakakande

Answered:

1 year ago

Dear Emma,

Good morning. I think this link may give you additional information required for your project: www.wvi.ong/nutrition/positive-deviancehearth

Kind regards,

Jules M

Jules MANERAGUHA RUGISHI

Answered:

1 year ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login