Hi everyone

During my work as a Nutrition coordinator in the CERAM- project(ADRA-YEMEN) in Al-Jawf Governorate, Yemen, and after we established the TFC in Al-Hazm district, I checked the water in the hospital water well, I found a high-level of hardness and a high level of total solid salts (TDS), that prompted me to cooperate with a water treatment company to creating a water dropper that works with reverse osmosis (RO) technology. which consists of 11 stages, not five stages, with the aim of producing water with low sodium levels, that enhances the effectiveness of benefiting from milk F-75 and works on the same goal with it.

What about this idea?

Delighted to hear of your work in Yemen. It was already in bad shape when I was there from 1978-85!

I would be surprised if the water softener company gave you accurate information. Water hardness is caused mainly by calcium and magnesium (and sometimes it contains significant levels of iron). This prevents soap from working well and thus people buy water softeners for the water to be used in washing machines for example. It also causes calcification, clogging things like water heaters.

However, lifelong consumption of these three minerals is healthy. Heart disease tends to be higher in populations that drink soft water (which is more acidic and thus more likely to contain harmful cadmium and lead leached from pipes or welds).

Water softening works by replacing these minerals with sodium. So softened water is actually sometimes harmfully high in sodium.  

Ted Greiner

Answered:

1 year ago

Thanks Dr Ted Greiner 

I inform you that the reduction in sodium levels has been in a small percentage

MOHAMMED AL-OTHMANI

Answered:

1 year ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login