Dear friends and colleagues,

Greetings from the ‘Mothers’ Milk Tool’ team at the Australian National University and Alive & Thrive South East Asia.

Breastfeeding and mothers’ milk is presently not counted in food systems or the economy, but should be. The Mothers’ Milk Tool will help.

We invite you to save the date for a webinar to launch the “Mothers’ Milk Tool”, which is on Thursday 5 May 2022, 6-8 pm Sydney time (AEST).

Please register here

Money is the language of policymakers. Counting human milk production in food and economic statistics will assist in better policy decision-making and investments in women’s unpaid care work. The Mothers’ Milk Tool quantifies the volume of breastmilk and value of breastfeeding at national and global levels, as well as how much is lost if country environments and policies, or healthcare, work and community settings do not enable women’s and children’s rights to breastfeeding.

The tool will be launched when most countries celebrate Mothers’ Day to acknowledge the role, health and economic contribution of mothers to society through women’s unpaid care work, including breastfeeding.

Please join us, and spread the word about the launch of this Tool.

Apologies for cross-postings. If you want to be taken off this list please let us know.

Many thanks and regards,

Dr Julie P Smith

Honorary Associate Professor and ARC Future Fellow,

National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health

College of Health and Medicine.

The Australian National University

Canberra, ACT, 0200

https://researchers.anu.edu.au/researchers/smith-jpx

E: julie.smith@anu.edu.au

In partnership with FHI Solutions and the Alive & Thrive Initiative, Alessandro Iellamo and the ANU team.

This sounds interesting. I can't click on the register link however. Please point me in the right direction so I can register. Thanks

Jen

Answered:

2 years ago
Alessandro Iellamo

Answered:

2 years ago

Hi I would like to follow the launch,  kindly share the link so that I can register,  thank you 

Stephen Oyugi, clinical nutritionist in Kenya 

Stephen Oyugi

Answered:

2 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login