The Positive Deviance Hearth (PDH) for Facilitators eWorkshop is an online, facilitated learning experience for those who will implement PDH and train community volunteers facilitating PDH sessions.  It is available in English (26 January to 22 March 2022) and French (11 May to 5 July 2022) and is offered by World Vision’s Technical Academy.

This comprehensive programme takes you through the steps of implementing PDH from start to finish.  You will need on average one hour per day (approximately 5 hours per week) to learn over the eight weeks of the eWorkshop.

The eWorkshop uses interactive modules and a practice case study of PDH implementation, and you will also gain practical experience in the foundational steps of PDH for design during a field task. The discussion forums and tasks provide you with opportunities to engage with other learners around the globe, guided by experienced efacilitators and trainers who are subject matter experts in PDH. 

For more information and to register: https://www.wvi.org/technical-academy/positive-deviance-hearth-facilitators-pdh-eworkshop 

Registration link is not opening, so how can i register this online training.

Noopur Auddy

Answered:

2 years ago
Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear all,

Thanks for sharing, but the link are not working and I am not able to find it on the website.

Thanks a lot

*C

Chantal Autotte Bouchard

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear Chantal,

The link is working OK for me now. I will try to share it again with you directly. 

I presume others can access it but please let us know if not.

Best wishes,

Tamsin

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

2 years ago

For those of us working with and supervision volunteers in humanitarian setting, the training would be of tremendous benefits.

Is there a waiver or any possible opportunity for scholarship or reduction in the cost?

Many thanks

Dr. James Oloyede

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello,

For those who want to follow this training in French, can they expect a date to register?

Mbaye Diop

Answered:

2 years ago

Thanks for the questions and thanks to Tamsin for reposting the link. 

In response to Mbaye Diop and others interested in the Positive Deviance Hearth training in French - a French training will be offered from 11 May to 5 July 2022. I believe the registration form will allow you to select either the English or French training with those dates. 

In response to Dr. Oloyede - I am looking into this, and will get back to you. Just to summarize what is offered to participants: For the course, learners will receive access to an online platform, which includes self-paced modules, interactive group learning tasks and online facilitation with an expert team of facilitators for PDH. They will also get live calls for coaching and support as well as innovative new webinars on developments in PDH. The course involves a practical field exercise and facilitator feedback to improve their learning for implementation of key steps of PDH. It is a 9 week eWorkshop, with 6 weeks of online learning, 2 weeks for field tasks and 1 one week for support and additional follow-up.

Loria Kulathungam

Answered:

2 years ago

Many thanks for your swift reponse

Dr. James Oloyede

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello,

I would like to know whether this next session is the same as the one we just concluded about two months ago. Because we completed the latter and I presume that it is not necessary to do it again?

Mbaye Diop

Answered:

2 years ago

Bonjour @Mbaye Diop - Yes, this Positive Deviance Hearth training course was also offered in French last July, so you would not need to repeat it if you completed that one. 

Loria Kulathungam

Answered:

2 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login