Does anybody have some data on the following:

1) Average weight (kg) of dry unprepared F-75 (or equivalent ingredients) per SAM case, either total per admitted case or per day

2) Average weight (kg) of dry unprepared F-100 (or equivalent ingredients) per SAM case, either total per admitted case or per day

* I'm aware that the above will be influenced by the average weight of admitted children and average length of stay, but I'm looking for ballpark averages to check validity of the assumed amount per case that is built into the FANTA CMAM costing tool.

3) After an initial training in CMAM/IMAM, how often is refresher training usually recommended for community outreach workers? (e.g. once every two years? once every three years?)

Thanks in advance for any insights

we never investigate those cases

kara gaspard

Answered:

2 years ago

I have managed this cases but we never calculated dry weight...since orders depends on average consumption.

In addition requirements varies eg F75 dry powder for kwashiorkor is different from marasmus...though the patients could have the same weight...and F100 calculation for under 6 months is different from above 6 months since we use F100 diluted for this age group.

Because of this reasons I find using average weight to determine how much has been used not clear

Nancy

Answered:

2 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login