Dear colleagues,

Could you please share with me any information (a protocol, a software, etc) that can help in calculating amounts of ingredients needed to make a composite flour to be used as complementary food for infants and young children (6-23 mo). This is for a local entrepreneur in African context.

Thanks,

Theo

1 mesure de trois céréales utilisés

1 Mesure de farine d'haricot

1/2 (demie)mesure de farine d'arachide

Parametres                                                                 Teneur pour 100g de farine proteines (%) 13.4 Glucides (%) 71.55 Matieres grasses (%) 7.79 Mineraux (%) 1.45 Humidité (%) 4.31 Calorie (Kcal) 408.47
Mbaye Diop

Answered:

3 years ago

1 measure of three cereals provided

1 measure of bean flour

1/2 (half) measure of peanut flour

Mbaye Diop

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Theo, 

Here are a couple of documents that may be of use: 

- Nutritional Guidance for Complementary Food https://www.wfp.org/publications/nutritional-guidance-complementary-food 

- Review of Take-Home Rations under the Integrated Child Development Services in India https://www.wfp.org/publications/review-take-home-rations-under-integrated-child-development-services-india

You can also contact WFP country office for support. 

Warm regards, 

Linda 

Jodine Chase

Answered:

3 years ago

Thanks for the question,

I think it would be important  to consider also the following guidance from WHO, which provides important inputs that may contribute to the work you are doing

1. https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9241593431  (Guidance for breastfed children)

2. https://www.fsnnetwork.org/sites/default/files/GuidingPrinciples%20CF%20NonBreastfed%20Child.pdf  (non breastfed children)

Thanks 

Alex

Alessandro Iellamo

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear sir, thanks for the question,

if you want , please send me your email address, I have a Xcell sheet , which you can calculate the food for indivitual and famlly members and for the complementary feed children,

thanks and regards.

Dr. Asef Ghyasi

Answered:

3 years ago

Dr, I am also interested in the excel file which facilitates calculation of the individual rations. Here is my email Dr: lodiajunior92@yahoo.fr

Thank you in advance.

Dr Abdoulaye DIALLO

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello Dr Mohammed Asef.

I am also interested in the excel file for calculating rations.

guiradoz@yahoo.fr

Thank you

NDONITA Zola

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Docteur, I am also interested to the excel file, this is my email ailmigueddi@outlook.com.

Many thanks

Anonymous

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello Dr,

Please I am also interested in the file. Here is my email souleymouslim@yahoo.fr

thank you so much

Souleymane

Answered:

3 years ago

Thank you Dr Mohammad for sharing the excell file

My email address is: tallalioune@yahoo.fr

Alioune Badara Tall

Answered:

3 years ago

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

Dr. Muhammad Asef Ghuasi, thank your willingness to share the excel sheet and I am looking forward to it. My email is dusingizetheo@yahoo.fr

Cheers,

Theo

Theo Dusingizimana

Answered:

3 years ago

Good evening Dr

I am happy to read this concern. I send you my email for the excel file

zaheaime@yahoo.fr

zahe kollet

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear doctor Dr. Mohammad Asef Ghuasi,

I'm also interested in the excel file.

here my mail address: fabry86pkm@gmail.com

Fabrizio Loddo

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Doctor, please share the excel file with me too. My email address is ariyoseun@gmail.com. Thank you

ARIYO OLUWASEUN

Answered:

3 years ago

Good morning Dr,

I also need the Excel for the calculation of foods for family and individuals.

Please here is my email:

naapongke@gmail.com

Thank you sir.

Anonymous

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello DR, I would also like to receive the file at adamaml@yahoo.fr. Thank you Regards Adama

Adama Ndiaye

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello Dr

I am also interested in the excel file for calculating the quantity of ingredients to formulate complementary foods

Please can you send it to me through my email address

emkalufenye@gmail.com

thank you in advance

Emmanuel KALUFENYE

Answered:

3 years ago

Thank you for this very interesting topic. Thank you Doctor for sharing this excel file with me. My email is "glogozo@unicef.org"

LOGOZO Gaele

Answered:

3 years ago

For the exel file

diopiros1987@gmail.com

Mbaye Diop

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello Dr

I am also interested in the Excel file. My email address is: tisouf12@gmail.com

Issouf Traoré

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello Dr. I am also interested in understanding excel, my id is ritu7n@gmail.com

Neha

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Dr. Mohammad Asef Ghuasi,

I would be really interested to see this , can you please share with me: cautottebouchard@premiere-urgence.org

Best

C.

Chantal Autotte Bouchard

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello dear brother I am also interested in the excel file, below my email: molafof@yahoo.fr

Dr Mohamed Lamine Fofana

Answered:

3 years ago

I'm also interested in the excel sheet, thank you. mondayabu10@gmail.com

Anonymous

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello Doctor

I am also interested in an Excel file to calculate the value for the composition of complementary foods

Please, Emily Ho
kassemmohd222@gmail.com

MOHAMMED AL-OTHMANI

Answered:

3 years ago

dear Collegues 

Hope you are fine , could you share with me too, this is my email .drbaidarhabib@gmail.com . 

thanks in advance looking for email . 

regards

Dr. Habib 

Dr. Baidar Bakht Habib

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello everyone, I found this very necessary, please can I have the excell file too, katejoshua@yahoo.com is my email I will be glad to have it.thanks for sharing.

Joyce Ene ocheola Oki.

Joyce Ene ocheola Oki

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Dr Mohammad,

Can you please share the excell file with me too. here is my email adress: youssoufane@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Youssouf

Answered:

3 years ago

Please share the excel surmmie@gmail.com

Anonymous

Answered:

3 years ago

Please share the excel surmmie@gmail.com

Anonymous

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear all,

Thank you very much to Dr Asef for sharing this spreadsheet with so many colleagues. We have also received requests offline for the spreadsheet and are able to pass it on. 

However, just to note that this is one of many tools for calculating ration sizes and has not been specifically designed for the particular age group of children aged 6-23 months. It mainly focuses on meeting the energy requirements of older children, adolescents and adults, as noted by Dr Asef.

It would be very important to add to the tool that infants < 6 months should be exclusively breastfed (unless otherwise recommended due to the child's condition) and children aged 6-23 months and beyond should continue to receive breastmilk alongside complementary foods.

While the spreadsheet may be very helpful as a guide and simple tool, a slightly more complicated, but more robust tool worth looking at is

Nut Val 4.1 https://www.nutval.net/2007/05/downloads-page.html

and colleagues have also proposed the UN publication, Food and Nutrition needs in emergencies as helpful for emergency situations:  https://www.unhcr.org/publications/operations/45fa745b2/food-nutrition-needs-emergencies.html

These are in addition to the other useful resources shared in this thread. 

Please continue to share other resources if you have them. 

Best wishes,

Tamsin

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Dr.Mohammad Asef and colleagues,

Could you share with me the Xcell sheet  that enables to calculate individual rations

My email: buanan200@yahoo.fr

Thanks

Anastase

Anastase Butsure

Answered:

3 years ago

I would like to have the Excel document

THANKS

AGOSSA

Answered:

2 months ago
Please login to post an answer: