The GNC Technical Alliance is looking for humanitarian practitioners interested in attending a virtual training on coaching skills for improved supportive supervision of CMAM programs. The training will aim to build capacity in on-the-job coaching as a key strategy for improved capacity strengthening. 

Did you know that health workers feel more motivated when they receive regular, good quality, supervision visits on-site in health centres.  This in turn leads to better quality work. Yet, while investments are made in technical training, coaching skills are often overlooked.

The International Coaching Federation defines coaching as “Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.” In nutrition programs, coaching entails the teaching of skills, knowledge, and competencies necessary for health workers to perform a specific job within their work environment. Coaching can be used to complement the routine supervision that is done in many programs. Benefits of coaching to programs and staff include skills enhancement, increased productivity among the staff and improved performance outputs, in addition to being economical. On-the-job coaching is critical for effective supervision.

In 2019, a coaching skills training was carried out for Concern Worldwide staff in Ethiopia by the current Technical Support Team of the GNC Technical Alliance. A post-training and support assessment was done to evaluate whether the training had had any impact on the staff and programs. The managers, field supervisors and the health workers mentioned having seen positive change follow the training. Some of the changes mentioned included; an improvement in frequency of supervision, sharing of information, teamwork in finding challenges and solutions, developing action plans together, availing more time to clarify any issues/concerns and improved communication skills.

The GNC Technical Alliance invites anyone implementing CMAM programmes or those who plan to, to register for the online training in coaching skills for CMAM implementation! link

Training objective: The objectives of the training is to provide practitioners with information and knowledge to improve supportive supervision for better quality CMAM programs. Participants will be able to understand the concepts of coaching, the 4-step coaching process, key skills for effective coaching and learn from other participants’ experiences.

Modality of training: the training will be offered virtually. Training will be carried out in a series of 1.5 hour-long webinars over 3 days. The webinars will be offered in English and French.

Target Audience: anyone involved in the implementation of CMAM programmes. Including front line health workers, program managers and coordinators at field and HQ levels. Participants from local or national organisations, or government, are especially encouraged to apply.

When: the training will take place in July - specific dates and cohorts will depend on who registers.

Registration: To register your interest please fill out the  Pre-registration questionnaire for virtual training in CMAM coaching skills. link

Registration Deadline: Sunday 13th June 2021. Spaces are limited so register your interest today.

For any questions, please contact Martha Nakakande at: mnakakande@internationalmedicalcorps.org

Hello, Does any one know that this training has been conducted and if any recorded sessions wi may get. I have registered before the deadline but couldn't see the training link. Thanks

Masud Ahmed

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear Masud, thank you for your message. Due to competing priorities the training did not take place in 2021. It is planned for 2022 however, and all those that showed interest will be contacted.

Ben Allen

Answered:

2 years ago

I am interested in training

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

I am interested in Training

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

Good evening, I am also interested in this webinar on coaching for CMAM supervision.

Dr Abdoulaye DIALLO

Answered:

2 years ago

The Google form to be used for pre-registration of virtual training on coaching skill for improved supportive supervision for the CMAM program is no longer accepting registration. It has been closed. 

Is it possible for somone interested like me to still do the registration?

Thank you.

Solomon Oyeniran

Answered:

2 years ago

I am also interested, is there any chance for to attend in 2022

Kindly consider 

Regarts

Zakayo K. Kimuge 

Zakayo Kimuge

Answered:

2 years ago

I am so interested to attend , but link is no longer working .

Any help please to consider me ?

Thanks and Regards 

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

I am also inerested to attend .Any hope to consider for 2022 ?

Thanks 

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear all, 

I' m also interested to attend this training,

Kind regards

Guilaine

Answered:

2 years ago

I am in  interested  this virtual training

Fikru Sinshaw

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello,

Also interested to attend the 2022 event for this. Thank you!

Kristine Jane Atienza

Answered:

2 years ago

I too am also interested. Is it possible to register for it now to enable me attend? 

Steve Kegoli

Answered:

2 years ago

Hi ! I am also interestetd to attend this training. 

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

Hi ! I am also interestetd to attend this training. 

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

I am interested to attend too. 

Dina Jardaneh

Answered:

2 years ago

I am interested too

Maha Basodan

Answered:

2 years ago

I'm interested too, please do connect me to the training.

Hauwa

Answered:

2 years ago

I am also interested in this training on coaching skills for better formative supervision of CMAM programs.

Emmanuel KALUFENYE

Answered:

2 years ago

I am interested too, please do connect me to the training 

Nyeke Richard Slimane

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello

I am also interested in this training.

My email address: tisouf12@gmail.com

Issouf Traoré

Answered:

2 years ago

I am interested in the training. Kindly include my name as well.

Thanks

Dr. James Oloyede

Answered:

2 years ago

Good morning, I am also interested in this webinar on coaching for CMAM supervision.

Jemal Hassen Amda

Answered:

2 years ago

Kindly include my name if it will be conducted in 2022

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello,

I am also interested in this virtual training.

Thank you

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

I am very much interested,kindly register  me.

Evas Juliet Tibagonzeka

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear all, thank you for your enthusiasm and interest. We will relaunch advertising for places on this training Q1 of next year. Including on this thread. Those who have posted will be considered and others will have the chance again next year.

Ben Allen

Answered:

2 years ago

Hi dears ,

I'm interested to join this training .Can u please include mefor 2022 chances .

Regards

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

I am also interested in this training

Anonymous

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello dear all

I have just tried to register on the link on "Coaching skills for better supportive supervision of CMAM programs" unfortunately it does not work, I am told that the link is no longer operational.

Would someone be able to help orient me on how to register please

Emmanuel KALUFENYE

Answered:

2 years ago

Because the registration deadline was June 13, this training are no longer open I think.....

chantal a

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear all,

As per Ben's email, this training did not take place as planned. However, it will be rescheduled in 2022. For now, registration is closed.

Please check back here in early 2022. As soon as  the training is re-launched, a message will be posted here, inviting you to register. 

Best wishes,

Tamsin

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear All,

Thank you for showing interest in the ‘’Virtual training in CMAM coaching skills’’ that was advertised on ennet and the GNC Technical Alliance website in June 2021. We received very many responses and appreciate your patience.  

Please note that, even though we would like to provide trainings to everyone who applied, given the high number of applicants and our limited capacity, we have decided to organize trainings in a couple of rounds.

First round of full trainings will take place in 3 groups as per the dates shown below, and the first 30 people to register for a given group will be selected. We also plan to organize a shorter Webinar for those of you who are not able to attend full training and date will be announced on GNC Technical Alliance website.

Training dates

Group 1: 23rd to 25th February 2022  (to be conducted in English, Time: 2-5PM East African Time)

Group 2: 2nd to 4th March 2022           (to be conducted in English, Time: 2-5PM East African Time)

Group 3: 9th to 11th March 2022         (to be conducted in French, Time: 2-5PM East African Time)

Registration: to confirm your interest in participating in full training please fill out the Confirm your interest Questionnaire for virtual training in CMAM coaching skills and indicate which sessions you would like to attend.

Registration Deadline: Tuesday 15th February 2022. Spaces are limited so register your interest today.

Sanja Segvic

Answered:

2 years ago

Hello dear colleagues

I am Emmanuel KALUFENYE Nutritionist and Dietician, humanitarian working in the East of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

I was looking forward to the management of acute malnutrition coaching skills training, unfortunately the registration link was sent to us while I was in the field and therefore I was not connected to the internet.

Is there please the possibility that I can be connected to the session which will start in March as it has not started yet?

Please give me a favorable response if it is still possible.

Cordially

Emmanuel KALUFENYE

Answered:

2 years ago

Dear Emmanuel,

Thanks for your message. We will follow this up offline with the organisers. 

Best wishes,

Tamsin

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

2 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login