Dear colleagues,

To inform an IYCF-E capacity building plan and help identify skilled trainers, I would be grateful if you can point me in the direction of any IYCF/breastfeeding counselling national expertise and / or breastfeeding support networks and / or training organisations in Afghanistan. 

Many thanks

Isabelle 

I know of one but he is based in Uganda. Waiswa Saul K. He is Clinical Psychologist but at the same time a counselor psychologist by training. An experienced counselor. get him on waiswas2@gmail.com/+256700530566.

Waiswa Saul K

Answered:

3 years ago

Hello,

I recommend Dr.Elizabeth Kiboneka, Senior consultant Paediatrics and Child health.  She has alot of experience in international MIYCAN programming and implementation. Email: bethkiboneka@gmail.com

Amanda

Answered:

3 years ago

Many thanks for the contributions so far. 

Just to clarify please that I am looking for individual / organizational expertise in IYCF / breastfeeding counselling specifically located in Afghanistan.

Thank you so much

Isabelle Modigell

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Isabelle,

This is Sharif from Kabul, Afghanistan. I run the Afghanistan Institute of Nutrition and Home Economics, an organization that works closely with the government and its partners to address nutrition gaps in the country. We have implemented nutrition-relevant capacity development programs in Afghanistan, the most recent one being in MIYCN. 

I would be glad discuss more on the IYCF-E work you plan to conduct in Afghanistan, as we do have strong technical expertise in IYCF-E .

Thanks,

Sharif

Sharifullah Wahdati

Answered:

3 years ago

I am also recomending the Afghanistan nutrition inistitute  and home economic for E-IYCF. They has capacity.

Thanks

Anonymous

Answered:

3 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login