We are preparing to conduct a couple of feasibility assessments for community and clinical capacity building for cMAMI and nurturing care integration into IMAM. I was wondering if anyone has developed or adapted any tool for health facility and CHW readiness assessment that can be easily used with limited training (i.e. remote support only)? It would be much appreciated!

Hi Polly,

I have developed a feasibility tool for MAMI, but I am not sure if it fits your needs as it's focused on whether a country office/ country has the capacity to begin implementation of the MAMI Care Pathway (previously the CMAMI Tool) instead of at a health facility level. Let me know if it would still be useful for me to share and I can email this to you.

Alice Burrell

Answered:

3 years ago

Hi Polly,

Great that you're doing this. A few things:

1) Do also post in MAMI thread - we know more and more that there are many non-acute underlying causes of 'malnutrition' in this age group.

2) Wasting is also not the best measure of risk - underweight has many advantages https://www.ennonline.net/mamicasedetectionreview.

These include easier links with growth monitoring, vaccination and health programmes.

3) We're currently working on a "version 3" of the MAMI care pathway (new name for MAMI tool - to emphasise the wider context that needs to be considered - see https://www.ennonline.net/ourwork/research/mami

4) Since there are many other underlying health issues to be considered, it's important to link care of this age group much more closely to health rather than nutrition progremmes (hence also dropping the "c" of cMAMI to avoid confustion with CMAM)

Look forward to hearing outcomes of your work in due course.

Good luck,

Marko

Dr Marko Kerac

Answered:

3 years ago

Dear Marko -  thank you for this feedback, this is very helpful and will align the proposal to your suggestions. 

Alice - thank you very much! I would love to see the tools - are you able to share these with me via p.walker@actionagainsthunger.org.uk, or post a link if they are already published? 

Polly Walker

Answered:

3 years ago

Thanks a lot for all of those great exchange, we have that kind of discussion lately with my colleagues would you share you're tools with me too @Alice? This will really appreciated! cautottebouchard@premiere-urgence.org

Have a good day

Chantal

Chantal Autotte Bouchard

Answered:

3 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login