Hello all

I've been using WHO Anthro Survey Analyzer (https://www.who.int/nutgrowthdb/software/en/) to analyze my survey data. Its great especially with the age categories (particularly below 6 months) and the comprehensive data quality report.

However, I note that it does not present the "moderate" category for stunting, wasting and underweight. Is there any software which can present these including 0-5 months?

Dear user,

The WHO Anthro Analyser provides values for severe (-3SD) and moderate (-2SD) categories and can display those for children 0-5 months when data for this specific age-group has been included in the survey. For any question on the WHO Anthro Analyser, please contact the WHO Anthro team here: who_anthro@who.int or here: nutrition@who.int

Elisa Dominguez

Answered:

4 years ago

To complete my previous answer, I wanted just to clarify that having prevalence for -3SD and -2SD categories (provided by the WHO Anthro Analyser), users can easily calculate the prevalence for "moderate" cases.

Thank you

Elisa Dominguez

Answered:

4 years ago

Dear Elisa

Thank you. Given that I can calculate the prevalence of MAM, eg. if GAM is 9.5% and SAM is 2.3%, I will have MAM as 7.2%. Given that this is a survey in which 2-stage cluster sampling was used, how do I compute the upper and lower CI for MAM?

Blessing Mureverwi

Answered:

4 years ago

Dear user,

In my knowledge no software presents “moderate" only as such.For calculating moderate prevalence, it is only necessary to subtract Prev(< -2SD) – Prev(-3SD). There is not an easy way to calculate the CI. You will need support from a statistician.

For further questions or issues with the WHO Anthro Analyser, please use the emails already mentioned in the post.

Elisa Dominguez

Answered:

4 years ago

Thank you

Blessing Mureverwi

Answered:

4 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login