I am a volunteer Public Health Nutritionist working in the highlands of Papua New Guinea with PNG Foundation at http://www.pngfoundation.org.au/ I have been doing work in the area of nutrition, safe water, sanitation and hygiene. To improve sanitation, we are aiming to build 6 PIT latrines for a primary school which currently doesn't have any toilets and no access to safe water. 

Question: does anybody know where I can obtain 'safe toilet pans' (SATO https://www.sato.lixil.com/) or similar toilet pans in Asia-Pacific? Information received from the company indicate I can only order them in bulk (container) from India. Delivery address can be either Papua new Guinea or Australia. Many thanks.

good morning dear friend

the question that arises on this post: what is a latrine?

A secure place allowing the person to carry out defecation.

Generally the product of this defecation (faeces and urine) falls through a hole in:

Either an open bottom tank

either a closed bottom tank

either directly in the ground

either directly in the river.

The latrine is therefore not a product for effectively treating the production of defecation, it only stores.

With Lyseconcept Biotechnology, the product of this defecation is completely eliminated and we obtain by biological transformation a liquid fertilizing any cultivated land

Contact me by Email at: lyseconcept@netcourrier.com in France

D'Alexandris jean Marius

Answered:

4 years ago

A whole container will cost your organization a fortune. However, it would be cheaper in the long run if you have plans to scale up SATO installation to more communities in future. I am of the opinion that a wholesaler (rather than the manufacturer) may be able to send you a box of SATOs via flight, depending on whether they are interested on overseas markets. I am not sure why Lixil in India has not established distributors to sell their marchandize in small quantities, but they do so here in Kenya.

Kiarie Mwaura

Answered:

4 years ago

safe water no longer exists when waste water is discharged into the environment without being cleaned before.

sanitation has only one function: to transfer waste water to the environment.

a latrine is only a reservoir which stores matter without any function of its destruction since one is obliged to empty it regularly.

It is incredible that in 2023 humanity still does not clean its waste water.

there is, however, a function: the biological purifying function which eliminates more than 98% of all traces of matter by producing a non-toxic liquid which waters any vegetated space

D'Alexandris jean Marius

Answered:

1 year ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login