In the SAM management protocol, RUTF is the recommended product which is used. However due to the breakdown in the supply pipeline, we usually find our hands tied on finding the optional criteria for continuity of SAM management. Do we have ANY optional or expanded criterias which can be used to control relapses of the already enrolled cases or manage the SAM cases in the absence of RUTF? More so can RUSF be used as an option and if so what would be the right administration doses?

Hi Anonymous,
See this:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjg6qKS55zeAhWKT8AKHau-CD4QFjACegQICRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ennonline.net%2Fattachments%2F2185%2FGuidance-note-Expanded-Admissions-Criteria-v-2_25-Sept-14.docx&usg=AOvVaw2DjBoiyyTy4bXzIyZFPGoR

These options are supported by the inter-agency group noted in the document. This approach needs to be managed carefully so that implementing agencies do not simply default to 'expanded criteria' to cope with poor management of logistics.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Paul Binns
Technical Expert

Answered:

5 years ago

This is a major challenge which causes relapse of the already managing SAM cases due to absence of RUTF. Please, what can be used in managing the clients?

Eucheria Igweshi

Answered:

5 years ago

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am not able to tell from what part of the World you are writing.
As far as the East and Central African region of the world is concerned, there are Sustainable quantities of Plumpy nut, Plumpy sup, F-100, F-75 and Resamol.
On 20th. September 2018. They appointed us regional distributors of these products and we have them in ample stocks in Nairobi and Mombasa. So in case your stocks run out just call us on +254726948360. Same day delivery.

Kenya Agrovet and Trading Cooperative Society.

Charles Mutula

Answered:

5 years ago

Dear Charles,
Please post your address here. I come from East Africa. I will be interested to know your brand and your logistical arrangements to destinations in this region.

Kwamboka

Answered:

5 years ago

use plumpysup

Fana G

Answered:

5 years ago

USE PLUMPYSUP

Fana G

Answered:

5 years ago

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our Brand of RUTF is Nutriset, and our contact is :kagrovet@yahoo.com, or kenyaagrovetandhumanhealth@gmail.com; Tel:+254726948360 . We can deliver :
1. Plumpy Nut,
2. Plumpy Sup,
3.F-100,
4.F-75 and
5. Resamol any where in East Africa within 24 hours.
So contact us with your needs and we will do the rest.
Best regards,
Charles

N.B. Posting of this information does not imply any approval of the company by ENN. We are not familiar with this company and advise any readers to carry out their own assurances prior to purchase.

Charles Mutula

Answered:

5 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login