I'm currently working on a project at York University in Toronto, Canada looking at the possible adverse impact of water with poor chemical quality used in medical facilities. More information can be found on this webiste;
http://dighr.yorku.ca/2018/02/grant-funded-chemical-water-quality-and-impacts-on-the-treatment-of-severely-malnourished-infants-and-children/
The project is not about microbiological water quality (WQ) and outcomes in SAM programmes as this is well documented and is primarily about chemical WQ in treatment facilities - ITFC or other sites with malnourished patients. The research follows some recent experiences by MSF (OCA) and the objective is to produce some guidelines for use by field teams and options for water treatment in these contexts.
I'm interested in any experiences people might have had with this issue, medical or otherwise - we also have some medical researchers involved in the project as well - and also, if available, any water quality analyses which might help to demonstrate the point better, I already have a lot but the more the better and particularly if they are bad! Thanks.

Please login to post an answer:
Login