Now we are establishing the implementation of IYCF project and there are two indicators we need to measure which are:
1- Proportion of infants 0-5 months of age who are fed exclusively with breast milk.
2- Proportion of children 6-23 months of age who receive foods from 4 or more food groups.
My question to those who have experience is how can we measure these indicators through collection of qualitative data using lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS)?
feel free to answer here in en-net or via my email: ezeldin.idris@savethechildren.org

your support is very much appreciated
thank you

I am not sure what you mean by "qualitative data" as LQAS is a quantitative method developed to for quality control purposes.

There should be no issue using LQAS or similar methods (e.g. the SLEAC classifier or the truncated sequential sampling classifier) for these indicators. You need to decide the levels that define loe 'coverage' and high 'coverage' and acceptable errors to devise the campling and classification plan.

You may also want to look at this article for doing IYCF assessments with small samples.

Mark Myatt
Technical Expert

Answered:

6 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login