The American University of Beirut (AUB), in collaboration with the Institute of Global Health (University College London), will be holding, for the 8th time, the short course in Nutrition in Emergencies in Beirut, Lebanon from July 10 to 21, 2018.

The course is designed for both nutritionists and non-nutritionists, and emergency and non-emergency practitioners.
The 11-day intensive course covers key elements of NIE, including:
· The humanitarian system and nutrition cluster
· Causes of malnutrition and micronutrient interventions
· Assessments, surveys and surveillance
· Food security and food assistance
· Infant and young child and older people in emergencies
· Management of acute malnutrition
· Health and WASH
· Emergency preparedness and monitoring and evaluation

To request application forms and further information about NIE courses at the American University of Beirut (AUB) please contact: AUB-coordinator@nietraining.net

The deadline for application is 1st of June 2018.

When is the next training please? I'm interested but I'm too late for this one

Pauline

Answered:

6 years ago

Hello,
The information was circulated late and it would have been helpful to have the information sooner. However if we could have these modules online it would strengthen the capabilities of some people. Thank you
Mohamane

Anonymous

Answered:

6 years ago

Answered:

6 years ago

I also recommend that module of this course should be available online or any online course should be planned to improve capacity of the person working in this field.

Vrinda Kiradoo

Answered:

6 years ago

The materials of the course will be helpful albeit it will not suffice for non participants in the course. When will be the next time like this course?

Thanks

Dr. Hussein M. Aden

Answered:

6 years ago

Pauline there is another training coming up in Bangkok by ADPC . deadline for submission is 3rd September. Consider visiting the relief website.

Esther Matama

Answered:

6 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login