I am in the process of submitting my manuscript on "Caregivers' knowledge on severe acute malnutrition treatment objectives and perception of quality of care at Dadaab refugee camps, Kenya: a prospective cohort study, for publication with South Africa Journal of Child Health and I am stuck because I have been requested to suggest three reviewers. I have gotten one but I am not able to get two more. Please assist me to identify another two reviewers who have strong backgrounds in emergency nutrition.
Alexander- Kenya

Note from the moderator: if you would like to respond to Alexander via the moderator, please send to post@en-net.org

This is quite common practice. It save the journal a lot of time finding suitable reviewers and it save you a lot of time having to deal with reviewers' comments from reviewers who know little about the topic.

I often suggest one reviewer that I know and is likely to offer constructive criticism. I then suggest a one or two reviewers who have published decent (i.e. in my opinion) work on the topic or a related topic and / or have relevant methodological expertise. As a third reviewer I may suggest someone I know who will dislike the work (I have two regulars) as the challenge can improve the article and their responses can often be quite funny.

You do not need to personally know the reviewers. They just have to be relevant. I think you need people who knows SAM treatment, camp settings, and your "knowledge" method.

I hope this is of some help.

Mark Myatt
Technical Expert

Answered:

6 years ago

Alexander
I can be one of the reviewers for your manuscript. My availability would be after 25
June.
Best, Rita

Rita Bhatia
Technical Expert

Answered:

6 years ago

Hi Alexander,

Your list of reference would be a good place to start and like Mark has mentioned you do not need to know the reviewer just find authors who are publishing in your area of interest and most of the time their email addresses can be found on the publication.

Hope that is helpful,

Martha

Martha
Technical Expert

Answered:

6 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login