I am from Pakistan. I have studied Nutrition. I know my future generation is in a great danger due to malnutrition. The causes of malnutrition are very serious like poverty, unhygienic living conditions and lack of education etc.

Malnutrition issue is becoming severe day by day; we can't deal with these problems immediately. We have to take a first step on an immediate basis which doesn't require too many resources.
 We all know that the main goal of a poor person is to earn bread (food). We have to teach him/her to make a right choice of food according to his/her resources and availability of food, because the wrong choice of food is contributing a lot to the malnutrition as well as wasting money.

I request to all organizations related to food and humanity, no matter whether they are private or government, please start the campaign or program under this banner "RIGHT SELECTION OF FOOD" on a large scale, it is very important for the prevention of the malnutrition issue.

For example, we can create awareness by guiding them to replace
Banaspatti ghee (artificial saturated fat) with cooking oil.
Refined white atta (refined wheat flour) with brown atta (whole wheat flour)
Refined white sugar with brown sugar or gur (jaggery)
Refined white rice with brown rice.
I am just giving the examples of basic food items, because these are the main food item of an average poor Pakistani.

Thanks,

Dear Ambreen

Right selection of food must always begin with optimal breastfeeding (early initiation, exclusive breastfeeding to 6 months, continued breastfeeding until 2 years or longer). I hope that this message will be loud and clear in your campaign.

Good luck with your work.

Bindi Borg

Answered:

6 years ago

Dear Ambreen,

You must be aware that in Pakistan particularly in Sindh Province Malnutrition rates are very. Around 50% of children are stunted. Sindh Government is taking various steps to tackle this very serious problem. Accelerated Action Plan (AAP) is about to start its implementation.

I being the Pakistani and Sindhi, endorse your statement. We need to adopt food diversity; we take rice with potatoes (both Carbohydrate rich,).

Regards
Dr. Sajid Shafique
PPHI Sindh

Anonymous

Answered:

6 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login