Dear all,
We implemented a project started from March 2016 to May 2017 in health and nutrition. One of the indicators is " to reduce GAM rate by 5%" in the three targeted districts of one governorate in Yemen. At that time the recent SMART survey conducted was in September 15 2015 was used as a baseline. But at the end of this project there was no any nutrition survey conducted any far to use as and end-line and to compare it with the baseline in order to say the GAM rate is reduced by 5%. For your advice please to go ahead with this indicator.
Best

Dear Tammam,

Your project used the September 2015 SMART survey as a baseline with an overall objective of reducing the Global Acute Malnutrition by 5%. For you to be able to determine a reduction in the level of GAM, an end-line SMART survey with a representative sample of the baseline population should be conducted with consideration of the seasonality.

You could then proceed to use the statistical calculators to measure if the change in GAM level between the two surveys is of statistical significance.

The statistical calculators are available on the SMART website’s Complementary Tools and Resources

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks

Kennedy Musumba

Answered:

7 years ago

Thanks Kennedy for your response. My understanding now is to wait for conducting an end line SMART survey and seasonality to be considered. However we have our Emergency Food Security and Nutrition assessment (EFSNA) conducted in June 2016. Can I use the result of EFSNA as my end line results instead of waiting for SMART. Can EFSNA gives me at least preliminary results?
Best

Tammam Ali Mohammed Ahmed

Answered:

7 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login