Dear All

I have been implementing OFDA funded nutrition project in drought affected communities residing in Ethiopia. The project has this three sub-targets ( CMAM, Mobile health and IYCF-E promotion). One of the IYCF activities is to establish and build IYCF-E corner in health centers to make it a referral point for mothers with breastfeeding difficulties. Unfortunately we didn't have agreed or standard shading/structure building for this burning issue, so if you have any architectural guidance or have experience for this issue I need your support.

Many thanks

Regards,
Hussein M

Dear Hussein

Please check with UNICEF Ethiopia: one of my colleagues worked with them on developing contextualised Guidance for the Establishment of Mother-Baby Ares in Ethiopia as part of a Tech RRT deployment at the start of the year. This guidance should be available to all nutrition partners.

For general guidance you can access ACF's technical manual: http://www.actionagainsthunger.org/publication/2014/12/baby-friendly-spaces-technical-manual

Is the IYCF-E Corner for all mothers who wish to breastfeed while visiting the health facility (and someone will assess for breastfeeding difficulties) or will mothers be referred to the IYCF-E Corner once a breastfeeding difficulty is identified?

Thank you

Isabelle

Isabelle Modigell

Answered:

7 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login