Hi all, 1.In the plausibility check report of ENA it is recommended that HAZ SD should be between 0.8 - 1.2 and also used as one of survey quality criteria. I have seen a doc recommending HAZ SD of 1.1 - 1.3. - Which one is correct? 2.I have tried to weight the survey result to get a representative picture of the situation. I have inputted the weight factor in to ENA [right column after WAZ] and in extra section I used weighted survey analysis option, but the result I got remains similar with the one that was not weighted. - Is there any one can explain the steps to be used? Thanks a lot.
Thanks for your questions. From Oleg Bilukha at the CDC in Atlanta I got the following answer to your first question: WHO 1995 book gives the following ranges for good quality survey z score: WAZ 1-1.2; WHZ 0.85-1.1; HAZ 1.1-1.3 So yes, I think the 1.1-1.3 for HAZ comes from the WHO book (page 218). SMART recommendations for simplicity give 1.2 upper cutoff for all 3 anthro indicators. If the quality of age data is good, HAZ should be close to 1. In the next update of ENA we will integrate some more information to clarify this better. For the second question you should get different results when you enter some values different from 1 into the WTFACTOR column and then go to 'Extras/Weighted analysis of survey'. If this shouldn't work please send me the specific data to erhardtj@gmail.com and I'll check it more in detail.
Juergen Erhardt

Answered:

14 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login