Dear Colleagues, Save the Children has secured funding to conduct an Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies (IYCF-E) training in the Asia region. This would be the first SC-sponsored IYCF-E training in the Asia Region for Nutrition Advisors/Program Managers from organizations working in the region. Please find details below and make sure you nominate your participants (if you haven’t already) by submitting the attached application form by Wednesday, 30th September. Location: Bangkok, Thailand Dates: Monday, 16th November – Friday, 20th November, 2015 Attendees: Individuals who design and implement IYCF-E programs including Save the Children Nutrition Advisors/ Program Managers, NGO, UN and MoH Partners and other interested individuals managing IYCF programs in the region General agenda (specific agenda to be sent nearer the training date): • What is IYCF-E? Technical session on theory and practice. • How to plan and implement IYCF-E responses. Introduction to and use of Save the Children’s IYCF-E Toolkit • IYCF-E in the Asia Region (specific case studies and scenario simulation) • Planning for preparedness and scale up Estimated costs (in USD) for Non-Scholarship Participants for IYCF-E Training in Bangkok, Thailand: • $510 (hotel for 6 nights in Bangkok) • $50 (average visa cost – please verify cost for your nationality) • $150 (dinner @ $25/day for 6 days, lunch will be covered during training) • Airport Transportation – Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hotel by metro (BTS)/taxi: $5 return/$20 return • Flights – dependent on where participants are traveling from Estimated Total: $715 + Flights How to apply: Please return the attached application form fully completed by the participant and their Line Manager by Wednesday, 30th September 2015 to the below recipients ONLY: 1. Training Coordinator (sciycfetraining@gmail.com) – Training Logistics/Admin 2. Sarah Butler (sbutler@savechildren.org) – Emergency Nutrition Advisor We look forward to receiving your nominations and seeing you in Bangkok! Many thanks, Sarah Butler Emergency Nutrition Team Leader, Emergency Health & Nutrition Save the Children USA / Save the Children Australia
Thank you for sharing the notification. But there is no attachment, where do we get the application format?
Anonymous

Answered:

8 years ago
We appriciate this effort that has been initiated to educate program managers on IYCF during Emergencies. I have recieved an email regarding this workshop as well..but unfortunately there is no attachment in the email ...nor here in this post. It would be very kind if you could post an application form here too.
Amrita Puranik

Answered:

8 years ago
Dear Colleague I work with NGOS and have previously worked with UNICEF and UNFPA for 15 years . I have been coordinating a group of professionals called the Technical alliance for Social Change and provide TA support in the areas of Nutrition , Adolescents and Young people , SRH and Family Planning. I am interested in teh training but do not have the resources having finished my contract with UNFPA and waiting for my pension which will start in two years. Are there any scholarships for supporting candidates like myse
Anonymous

Answered:

8 years ago
Dear all, We have received several requests for the application form that was not submitted with this posting. If you are interested in this training, please contact Save the Children for an application form. The emails are provided in the posting: 1. Training Coordinator (sciycfetraining@gmail.com) – Training Logistics/Admin 2. Sarah Butler (sbutler@savechildren.org) – Emergency Nutrition Advisor Many thanks, Tamsin
Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

8 years ago
Dear Colleagues, A friendly reminder that applications are due this Wednesday, Sept 30th for the IYCF-E Training in Bangkok. If you would like an application please email: sciycfetraining@gmail.com Thank you, Sarah
Sarah (Butler) O'Flynn

Answered:

8 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login