We use mostly 15kg (wheat or maize) p/p/m while distributing emergency food aid or during the implentation of food for work activities.Some uses below.For example when resource is scarcs the Ethiopian government apply 10kg/p/p/m.I have been informed by Disaster Preparedness Officer in Kenya that they distribute about 14kg/p/p/m when I was there. I expect it is calculated by the standard 2100kal.How could we calculate?What is the exact amount that should be distributed? The standard? Regards, Kassahun
Dear Kasahun, Anonymous 141 has already addressed your issues correctly. i would like to add few points regarding the ration size. the so called 2100kcal is considered when the intended beneficiaries are completely dependent on food aid, no other food sources. in this case could be refugees or IDP. However, in other setup the ration size could be reduce below 2100kcal when we expect the beneficiaries have some sources from their own. To generalize my point it is not necessarly to stick with 2100kcal/p/d. Based on the proper need assessment, it can be adjusted interms of energy or micronutrient requirement. For example the recomended monthly ration size in Ethiopia is cereal 15kg, pulses 1.5kg, edible oil 0.5kg and 4.5kg blended food (only for 35% of the total beneficiaris). However, due to shoratge of resources, it is usually below the recomended.
Anonymous

Answered:

14 years ago
Precisely what is the purpose of necessary vitamin A? Despite the fact that vitamin A is famous for it's important involvement in eye sight, this kind of vitamin at the same time takes part in physiologic functions connected with the body's defense mechanisms, care of epithelial and also mucous cells, development, reproduction, and also bones development. Inside meals, vitamin A often comes up as a body fat ingredient identified as retinyl palmitate. The human body transforms retinyl palmitate to 3 metabolically effective kinds of that necessary vitamin: retinal, retinol, and also retinoic acid. Encourages Eye sight Normally the person's retina includes 4 forms of photo-pigments which put away [url=http://www.thevitaminmag.com/vitamin-a-deficiency-symptoms/]vitamin a deficiency[/url] . One such pigmentation, generally known as rhodopsin, can be found in the rod body cells of the retina. Rhodopsin enables the rod cells to recognize minor concentrations of illumination, as well as, as a result, performs a significant part in the adapting of the eyes to reduced light environments as well as night-time eye sight. Retinal, which is the aldehyde kind of this necessary vitamin, participates in the make of rhodopsin, and then in the selection of compound side effects which causes vision excitation, that's activated with illumination hitting the rod cells. The actual other 3 pigments, with each other generally known as iodopsins, are normally found inside the cone cells of the retina and therefore are liable for daytime perspective.
Anonymous

Answered:

12 years ago

Hi Kassahun,

You can use NutVal spreadsheet for planning and calculating the nutrition value for food assistance programmes.

http://www.nutval.net/2007/05/downloads-page.html

Nitsuh Fikir

Answered:

7 years ago

Gzooh Kitchens is one the best Cloud kitchen in Canada. We provide various types of online food delivery such as Dark Kitchen, Virtual Kitchen and Cloud Kitchen.

Gzooh Kitchens

Answered:

2 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login