is there different between these two nomenclature? People are using them differently? There are clear guides on how to setup and run Mother-to-Mother Support Group (MtMsG) developed by PATH/USAID/IYCN. There are also guidelines by UNICEF about IYCF support group. so, is there a difference between these two in terms of setting up in the community, selection criteria of members, follow up and so on?
No there is no difference. We are not using them differently.
Addisu Kebede Daba

Answered:

9 years ago
well, mother-to-mother support plays dual roles (promotion of IYCF practices and other nutrition activities in communities) whilst IYCF support groups focus on mainly IYCF practices in their communities. Thank you! Abdul-Fataw
Mumuni Abdul-Fataw

Answered:

8 years ago

I appreciate that this has already been discussed and I have been trying to get this guides of how to run MtMsG, can any one share with me, currently there are several partners that are running MtMsG and every partner does in a way different than the other one, so this guide really helps to understand more.
Thank you

Madna

Answered:

8 years ago

No there is no difference. Cameroon Link does not use them differently. Mother-to-Mother Support plays dual roles, which are, promotion of IYCF practices and other nutrition activitifor es in communities, whilst IYCF support groups focus on mainly IYCF practices in their communities. In the first approach, problems related to the health of mothers is given more consideration, while the second approach targets problems related to infant and young child practice specifically. Very often in Cameroon, when mothers take their babies for medical checks, they forget to address problems facing their own health specifically. This means that the health worker should address issues of mothers and children together during consultation

James Achanyi-Fontem, Cameroon Link

Answered:

8 years ago

Thank you, but we are still interested to get the guides on how to setup and run Mother-to-Mother Support Group (MtMsG) developed by PATH/USAID/IYCN. can any one have those guides, I would appreciate if I can get this so that I can give my email address.

Madna

Answered:

8 years ago

Hi Madna,

Please have a look on the following link where you can download the manual(USAID/IYCN 2011): http://www.iycn.org/files/IYCN_Mother-to-Mother-Support-Group-Facilitator-Manual_0311.pdf
And this one-a bit old-(UN System Standing Committee on Nutrition 2003):http://www.unscn.org/layout/modules/resources/files/Mother_to_Mother_Support_Group_Methodology.pdf

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sameh

Sameh Al-Awlaqi

Answered:

8 years ago

Thank you so much Sameh,
it really helps and I appreciate the links, it has a rich information that I was looking for.
Best Regards.

Madna

Answered:

8 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login