Nutrition Information Management Officer 6 month contract position, beginning September 1, 2014 The Rapid Response Team (RRT) of the Global Nutrition Cluster (GNC) is composed of three Nutrition Cluster Coordinators and two Information Management Officers (IMOs). The purpose of the RRT is to increase the capacity of the GNC to support country cluster coordination and information management functions in humanitarian situations, for improved emergency response. RRT positions are based with host agencies under a secondment arrangement with UNICEF, the Cluster Lead Agency for Nutrition. Up to 50% of RRT members’ time is spent on deployment to support the efforts of Nutrition Clusters at country level in emergency response. World Vision is seeking a Nutrition Information Management Officer to join the RRT Team for a six-month contract. The major responsibilities and time allocation of the position are as follows: A. Emergency deployment (50%): The IMO will be deployed on short notice as required, for up to 2 months at any time. Specific tasks will be outlined in a TOR prepared by UNICEF for each deployment, based on country context and needs, but will include several of the following key responsibilities: i. Develop standard operating procedures with the cluster partners for collecting and processing data to produce regular reports on sector needs, capacity gaps and impact of response. ii. Provide information management (IM) services to the cluster for key decision-making. This may include data collection, collation, mapping, analysis, and dissemination of information relevant to needs of the cluster. Ensure full integration of the IASC’s agreed priority cross-cutting issues. Integrate participatory and community-based approaches into the IM system. iii. Support communication channels with all nutrition cluster stakeholders, including national and sub-national authorities. Maintain and streamline methods to share information, including websites, web-sharing platforms, emails etc. iv. Support needs assessment and analysis of nutrition situation and vulnerability, including initial rapid assessments and SMART surveys. v. Promote and provide training and capacity building/development of cluster partners, including national/local authorities and civil society organizations, in the use of nutrition IM system. vi. Maintain records (cluster meeting minutes, contact lists etc.); ensure and maintain documentation of all collective decisions and recommendations. vii. Liaise with OCHA and other clusters to exchange and analyse relevant information. In particular, ensure that IM standards and policies as advised by OCHA are followed and feedback is given on appropriateness with suggestions on possible improvements. viii. Ensure knowledge management information sharing, including identifying, documenting and sharing reports, case studies, evaluations and lessons learned. B. Global Nutrition Cluster standby (25%): The GNC strategy and workplan reflects agreed priorities between the cluster partners and UNICEF, the Cluster Lead Agency. The IMO will contribute to the defined goals for Information and Knowledge Management. This may include any of the following roles: i. Provide technical support to on-going emergency responses and preparedness activities for National Nutrition Clusters/Sectors. ii. Contribute to a review, refinement and promotion of IM procedures, tools and approaches adopted by GNC Partners. iii. Participate in training of IM staff. iv. Collaborate with the other RRT members to ensure a complementary and standardized approach and to share learning to in order to enhance the effectiveness of the deployments. The IMO will spend one week per quarter at the GNC in Geneva, between deployments. C. World Vision standby (25%): The IMO will support the host agency, WV, in the following areas: i. Build WV capacity on the cluster approach, and help ensure mainstreaming of cluster engagement within WV. ii. Contribute to WV nutrition IM systems. Requirements The Nutrition IMO position requires a university degree in nutrition, humanitarian information management, demography or associated disciplines, and three to five years of relevant experience. Specialization in information management, communication and technology is essential. Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in all of the following and should be highly proficient in at least three of the five team competencies: • Technical support in humanitarian nutrition information management tools (nutrition information system, databases, GIS, mapping, website development and management, information sharing) • Knowledge of the nutrition technical guidelines, standards and indicators • Rapid nutrition needs assessment and nutrition surveys, selection of indicators and data processing • Statistical and analytical skills • Presentation and communication skills, ability to analyse and present information orally and in understandable tables, charts, graphs and maps etc. The Nutrition IMO must possess a high level of professional and personal maturity together with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external partners, such as UN organisations, NGOs, recipient governments and host populations. A capacity for working under pressure is essential. Application Qualified individuals are invited to submit a CV and covering letter to Katherine_mcconnell@worldvision.ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

when i see your this post  this post is very informational and helpfull about health in this post nutirtionast give many great information  i like your is hard work beause heakth is very important thing in life 

David B. Black

Answered:

10 months ago

when i see your this post  this post is very informational and helpfull about health in this post nutirtionast give many great information  i like your is hard work beause heakth is very important thing in life 

David B. Black

Answered:

10 months ago

David B. Black

Answered:

10 months ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login