dear all, we will be carrying out a dietary and nutrition status survey in Eastern and Western Uganda. the aim is to get information to create proper, nutritious and economically feasible combinations of locally available food. During this survey we will use OptiFood and ProPAN. However we have failed to get pictorial food charts to use in the field. Is there any one who can point me the right direction of how we can get those with Ugandan foods or East African foods or how we can go about creating our own. thanks. Martha.
Dear Martha, I work at the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI). My colleagues here in Kenya are experts in 24hour recalls and may have a food chart of local East African foods. Please write to me on mmwangome@kemri-wellcome.org for an introduction and further discussions. Martha
Martha
Technical Expert

Answered:

10 years ago
Hi, I'm a nutritionist (from Britain) in Kampala at the moment (and for the next 2 years). I am not working so if you need any help with the survey or tidying up charts, information gathering etc I'd be happy to lend a hand. Email me if I can be of use. lyndseymclellan@yahoo.co.uk
Lyndsey McLellan

Answered:

10 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login