Anyone aware of a university offering a short course in Nutrition whose content will be relevant for health workers and researchers working in Africa. Please send in the webpage
Hello Courses in NIE are offered by partners in the NIE Regional Training Network. Please see [url]http://www.nietraining.net[/url] for details Thanks
Andy Seal
Technical Expert

Answered:

10 years ago
hello The Liverpool School of Tropical medicine offers a 6 week Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance - this includes a 2 week Public health in Emergencies module and Nutrition in Emergencies for 3 days of this. [url]http://www.lstmliverpool.ac.uk/learning--teaching/lstm-courses/professional-diplomas/dha/[/url] •To provide humanitarian workers with the awareness, understanding and skills essential for effective action as individuals and as members of a team. •To identify and promote standards of good practice in humanitarian responses. •To encourage cooperation and dialogue between governmental, non-governmental, national and international agencies involved in humanitarian action. •To examine strategies for early warning and prevention of humanitarian crises. •To create a more effective synergy between emergency humanitarian interventions and programmes promoting sustainable development.
J Frize

Answered:

10 years ago
Hello Westminster University runs an annual 5 day Nutrition in Emergencies short course (likely to be 30 June to 4 July 2014). The course is aimed at staff of UN agencies, NGOs and National Ministries of Health in countries that are regularly affected by emergencies. Health workers, nutritionists, doctors, nurses as well as programme managers are encouraged to apply as well to get an update of the current standards and practices in nutrition in emergencies training. The course is taught by humanitarian practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds including international NGOs and teaching & research institutes. All sessions are led by experts who bring practical examples. The lead facilitator has over 20 years’ experience in various rapid onset and slow onset emergencies worldwide and will ensure participants´ own experience is discussed during sessions if relevant. More information can be found at: [url]http://www.westminster.ac.uk/courses/professional-and-short/[/url]
J Frize

Answered:

10 years ago
Hi Thanks, Could someone provide me with the course details; how to apply? Can't find the course on the Westminister University website. Tx
Wilfred

Answered:

10 years ago
Hi Thanks, Could someone provide me with the course details; how to apply? Can't find the course on the Westminister University website. Tx
Wilfred

Answered:

10 years ago
Wilfred

Answered:

10 years ago
Wilfred

Answered:

10 years ago
Thank you all for such great input however, I am looking for a more general short course covering a wide range of topics for nutrition in poor settings and where nutrition in emergency settings is covered as a sub-topic and not the content of the whole course.
Martha
Technical Expert

Answered:

10 years ago
Maybe this is what you are looking for? It's a good overview [url]http://nutritionworks.cornell.edu/UNICEF/about/[/url]
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
Hello A 6 month certificate course in food and nutrition(CFN) & 12 month Diploma course in Nutrition & health education by Indira Gandhi open university(IGNOU) New Delhi .The curse is offered in distance education System.
Arvind Patel

Answered:

10 years ago

Hello,

As part of screening activities, a question often comes back to me and I have not yet found the answer in all the research I have done,

It is the choice of arms for screening with MUAC

I would love to have an answer from you

Thank you

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

10 years ago
The Centre for Development Innovation of Wageningen UR offers several short nutrition courses: 1. Linking emergency aid to food and nutrition security, to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from November 3 - November 14, 2014. 2. Agriculture Nutrition Linkages, to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from November 24 – December 5 2014. 3. Rights-based approach to food and nutrition security, to be held in Wageningen, the Netherlands from 19 –30 January 2015. Next to that we also offer a distance learning course on key concept of nutrition. Please check our website: http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Research-Institutes/centre-for-development-innovation/short-courses/CDIshortcourses2014.htm
Aafke Nijhuis

Answered:

10 years ago

short nutrition courses are very important for health workers and researchers working in africa special my country somali .
somali have being affected by civil wars that countinue for last 25 years, these wars afftect the local production of agriculture and also affected the livestock .
now there is sever drought in north of somali ( somaliland ) affected by peaple and their livestock and need nurition suppor and emmergency prevention and control disease cuased by lack of adequate nutriton intake .
i am member of this community affected by drought, realy i like to learn more courses about emmergency nurition in order to support my community.
my question is how to get these courses
iam lecturer at university of hargeisa department of nutrition and food science and aim working with local national organization of community nutrition suppor

farhan abdi eid

Answered:

8 years ago

From Rita Bhatia:

Please visit Nutrition in Emergencies (NIE) link. This is a 11 day course conducted once a year. One in Beirut and one in Bangkok. You will need a financial sponsor to attend the course. www.nie.org

Best, Rita

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

8 years ago

From Regina Keith:

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/courses/professional-and-short-courses/nutrition/nutrition-in-emergencies

Nutrition in Emergencies - Courses - University of Westminster
www.westminster.ac.uk

This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to improve your practice and help you prepare for the complexity and the reality of working in an emergency context. It is particularly suitable for people who wish to consolidate their knowledge and experience and who are keen to learn from and with others.

Who is this course for?

The course is aimed at staff of UN agencies, NGOs and national ministries of health in countries that are regularly affected by emergencies. Health workers, nutritionists, doctors, nurses as well as programme managers are encouraged to apply.

You do not need any formal academic qualifications for entry as we value experience. You will be taught by practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds including international NGOs, teaching and research institutes, all of whom have substantial expertise within the sector.

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/prospective-students/fees-and-funding/scholarships/other-scholarships/short-course-nutrition-in-emergencies-scholarship

Short course - Nutrition in Emergencies Scholarship

Due to the continued success of this course, scholarships are again available for the week-long Nutrition in Emergencies course.

This course is scheduled to run for 5 days from 27th June 2016

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

8 years ago

I'm very interested for this short course in nutrition because I have an experience in working in nutrition program this course will help me to improve the quality of service delivered to the community.

Anonymous

Answered:

8 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login