I am working in Bangladesh. Here I have observed that defaulter rate is high (12-16%). Among the different reasons one of the most important reason is that family shifted from programme area to another district where we have no intervention and if we exclude this number the defaulter rate is reduce to below 10 %. My question is that can we show this number in others items of exits category? My understanding is that we have nothing to do to address this issue.
Dear It is found almost in all settlements of nutrition programs, in flux of beneficiaries/Patients in and out with different reasons are appear through out the project life span, Yes you have to address this situation with the possible and available reasons and we usually report them in a category Called "Moved Out" instead of defaulter if this is the situation which you have stated in your question Hope this will help you,,,
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
Thanks for your reply. We already have one option of move out to another SFP/OTP site. Now what we can do? Please suggest me.
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
Dear This is also one of the main challenge where I am working. I usually consider them as defaulter. I am in a disagreement with the first reply saying consider them as 'moved out'. When we say moved out, it is internal movement meaning that beneficiaries moving from one nutrition center/district to another to continue their nutritional support and medical treatment until they reach their target weight. However, your case is different, I would say you have to continue report them as defaulter. Thanks
Issack Hussein

Answered:

10 years ago
This are under the category of defaulters record them in option of "confirmed defaulters"
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
Thnaks. Again this is a concern. It has an significance impact on recovery rate but we have nothing to do. We do not have any mechanism to control this. Again I would say that keep them in separate in other category. can any one share any paper related this issue?
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
i think we make on more option in discharge criteria (migration to an other area)
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
Dear Anonymous 2391! What you said, would be considered as The Reason for The Default but you cant labelled them as Moved out unless; 1) The beneficaries are moved out to another program to continue the treatment 2) The beneificaries are given the supplies for the remaining duration of their treatment because of the closure of the program 3) Return of the IDPs ( planned one) with porvision of the supplies for remaining duration What you can do is to enhance your community outreach activities and guide all caregivers of the enrolled beneficaries to inform you before migrating from your catchment area so at least you could provide them supplements for the remaining duration of the treatment. Hope this would help
Dr. W M Khan

Answered:

10 years ago
Thanks all for feed backs.
Anonymous

Answered:

10 years ago
we noticed anemia in children between 12-14 years in secondary schools. could be rekated to malnutrition or parasitic infestation www.fvtm.bu.edu.eg
Anonymous

Answered:

9 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login