The feasibility and acceptability of anthropometric measures to identify nutritionally at-risk small infants: a mixed methods study

Dear All,

I am currently researching the acceptability and feasibility of common anthropometric measures to identify nutritionally at-risk small infants. I am seeking anthropometric tools user involvement. 

Determining feasibility and acceptability is key to better identifying nutritionally at-risk infants and it will lead to them receiving much needed care. Field workers are the primary stakeholders of this research and the results aim to inform future WHO guidelines on infant health. We will share this questionnaire with field workers in Jimma, Ethiopia. However, we aim to reach healthcare workers globally. 

This research is being supervised by Marko Kerac as part of my MSc at The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Your participation will be very much appreciated. 

We are recruiting participants to share their experiences of using common anthropometric tools.

Short Online Survey: https://lshtm.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/acceptability-and-feasibility-of-anthropometric-tools-for-2

This survey can be completed at your convenience and takes approximately 10-15 minutes. It is divided into the following 5 sections:

Opinions on raw measurements

Experiences with interpreting measurements

Mothers’ perspectives according to HCW

Overall preferences for tools and their performances at identifying small / nutritionally at-risk children

Professional background and training

Who Should take part?

We are looking for participants with experiences of using common anthropometric tools in their professional career. There is no right or wrong answer to this survey, rather, we aim to understand field workers’ experiences with these tools. 

If you would like to take part, please click the link below that will take you through to the study information sheet and consent form, and then the survey.  

Please feel free to share this survey widely with colleagues in your networks and thank you in advance for your participation. 

Kind Regards,

Gael Cronin

LSHTM MSc Nutrition for Global Health 

Please login to post an answer:
Login