I am a nutritionist by profession and looking to carry out research on gender sensitivity and nutrition. The research looks to find out male involvement in influencing nutrition house hold status and their knowledge versus women's (spouses) reaction to level of male involvement in domestic meal planning.
This stems from an observation where many programs/projects have empowered women especially in preventing malnutrition however the means knowledge practice and sustainability have not been clearly defined. Women need men's support to clearly put into practice the knowledge acquired.
What is the role men play in promoting good household nutritiom status and the limiting factors they face. The study will target families that have at least a member enrolled on a food support /aid/treatnent program.

I seek out support and patternship in terms of financial and academic guidance on how to go around with the study.

Thanks

Hi,
Father role is very much considered in the project modal called time and targetted counselling which we use in India in the state of Rajasthan. Here the behaviour change communication is done using story books (one postive and one negative). Stories are narrated by the volunteer in the house when the father and mother-in-law or father-in-law are present in the home. The questions that are presented at the end of the stories work like a mindblower and the answers are provided by them. This enables the family to take the decision to the next level, as fathers are the goal, planners and decision-makers. The father palys a role in ANC and PNC, in vaccination and immunisation, in supporting breastfeeding and in enabling the start of complementary feeding. Yes the result and the gains will be shown late but the change is sustainable. You can mail me for any clarification if needed.

Priscilla SCARIAH

Answered:

5 years ago
Please login to post an answer:
Login