EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTANCY TO CARRY OUT ECONOMIC ANALYSIS AND COSTING OF REGULATORY TOOLS TO IMPROVE NUTRITION IN ZAMBIA

Date of Expression of Interest: 6th June 2016
Closing Date submission of responses to this Expression of Interest: 27th June 2016
Reference: EOI ZMB16RFP02 / Consultancy Services

DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Lusaka, Zambia seeks interested qualified National/ International companies for provision of consultancy services to carry out Economic Analysis and Costing of Regulatory Tools to Improve Nutrition in Zambia.

SCOPE OF SERVICE:
The party recruited for this engagement will be responsible for the following:

1. Costing of package of regulatory tools supporting improved nutrition
a) Conduct costing of implementation of package of regulatory tools, identified by the Global Nutrition Report
b) Assess feasibility and potential impact of implementation of regulatory tools on Zambian context
c) Review Zambian policy and regulatory context to better understand those that affect nutrition and identify gaps/areas of opportunity; supported by a regional review of Southern African regulatory frameworks to identify linkages and opportunities for cross-border collaboration on implementation of regulations to support improved nutrition
2. Development of proposed regulatory and taxation framework to support nutrition
a) Analyze impacts of proposed regulatory and taxation framework on private sector, public sector and consumers, providing an overview of how it relates to Zambia’s political economy, and identifying key potential supporters and opponents and their specific interests.
b) Analyze impacts of proposed regulatory and taxation framework on private sector, public sector and consumers, providing an overview of how it relates to Zambia’s political economy, and identifying key potential supporters and opponents and their specific interests.
3. Consultation and presentation with/to relevant local and international stakeholders

Further information will be provided to the selected bidders following the EOI. The assignment is expected to be over a period of 6 months following communication of award to the successful bidder

REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO SUBMIT WITH EOI:
Companies interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should forward their EOI to UNWFP by email or hand delivery as indicated below, providing the following information/ documents:
• A concept note that includes problem statement, methodology including key activities,organizational capacity highlighting previous experience including CVs of the team with relevant experience
• Company’s profile (background), including contact details (e-mail, website, address/physical location, telephone, fax numbers).

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
This EOI does not constitute a solicitation. WFP reserves the right to change or cancel the requirements at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. WFP also reserves the right to drop companies. Submitting a reply to this EOI does not automatically guarantee that company will be considered for receipt of the solicitation if-and-when issued.

The expression of interest should clearly be marked: Expression of Interest- Consultancy Services for Economic Analysis and Costing of Regulatory Tools to Improve Nutrition to WFP Ref.: ZMB16RFP02, and must be received by WFP Zambia not later than 27th June 2016 at the following address:

Procurement Unit
World Food Programme, Zambia Country Office
Plot 10/4971 Tito road, Rhodes Park
Lusaka
E-mail to: efridanyirenda.watuka@wfp.org
Deadline for submission is 12.00 PM local time on 27th June, 2016.

I have just seen this post today and would like to work with you. Am A Nutritionist currently lecturing Nutrition Science at Mukuba University of Natural Sciences in Kitwe Copperbelt. I am not sure if its too late to declare interest. My institution has statitians and Computer scientist who can work with me in this project. I will be glad if you can contact me soon.

Given Chipili

Answered:

8 years ago
This question is locked. No further answers can be added.