How is a decision to invest in a particular field in nutrition made? Who participates in those decisions, and should the scientific/professional nutrition community be more engaged?

Dear all,

Please note a slight amendment to this question by Sergio to make the focus a little clearer:

How is the decision at country-level to invest in a particular field in nutrition made? Who participates in those decisions, and should the scientific/professional nutrition community be more engaged?

Best wishes,
Tamsin
en-net moderator

Tamsin Walters
Forum Moderator

Answered:

8 years ago

If I may, I would like to share with you my experience, which is the experience of a European Country:
the issue must be public and there Needs to be the feeling that People are directly affected. It must be in the media, there must be some Kind of Report.
Quite often the political level tends to react to pressure rather than pushing things forward based on an own assessment..
We are trying to improve this pro-active attitude by supporting Research alliances or by asking for a study rather than wait for someone else to do it.

Hanns-Christoph Eiden

Answered:

8 years ago
This forum has been archived. Questions and answers are for reference only.